Tuesday, April 6, 2010

34:38 The Winter's Tale

Day 34 of 38:38
The Winter's Tale

So here's what I want to know: How come The Winter's Tale and Cymbeline start with the exact same scene?

Oracles are notoriously ambiguous. You have to be extremely careful in interpreting them the wrong way. They are riddles. Therefore, I love how this play gives us the most straightforward oracle message ever known to man:

"Hermione is chaste; Polixenes blameless; Camillo a true subject; Leontes a jealous tyrant; his innocent babe truly begotten."

It doesn't get any clearer than that.

-----------------------------
Favorite Female Character:
Paulina
Favorite Male Character:
Leontes

Laugh out loud:
Autolycus Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

"That's what she said!":
Servant with such delicate burdens of dildos and fadings, 'jump her and thump her'

How insulting:
Leontes A gross hag!

Shakey loves his meta:
Perdita I see the play so lies
That I must bear a part.

Oh, misogyny:
Leontes women say so
That will say anything

Boys are silly:
Hermione a lady's 'verily' 's
As potent as a lord's

Favorite Moment/Line:
Paulina I say, I come
From your good queen.
Leontes Good queen!
Paulina Good queen, my lord, good queen; I say, good queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment